The Brain Tumor Network has made a difference in the lives of individuals impacted by a brain tumor.
Since 2015, BTN is proud of:
- Providing high touch navigation to hundreds of patients by meeting patients and caregivers where they are in their journey with this intractable disease, ranging from first diagnosis to participation in clinical trials.
- Aligning each person/family with one of BTN’s Navigators as they reach out to us with unique circumstances - tumor type and diagnosis, insurance carrier, ability to travel, family dynamics, financial situations, and geographic location.
- Providing free, unbiased navigation services. BTN has not and will not accept funding from pharmaceutical companies or medical institutions.
- Serving over 170 families through the Northeast Florida Brain Tumor Support Group.
- Being the only nonprofit in the United States to have received TWO GBM Hero Awards by Cure Today. In 2015 and 2017, Rick Sontag and Kay Verble, respectively, were nominated by patients and caregivers for their heroic contributions in the field of glioblastoma or in the individual lives of people with a GBM.
Click here to view the video on Cure Today’s website to see BTN’s Executive Director, Kay Verble being honored as one of Cure Today’s “Glioblastoma Multiforme Heroes”. Brain cancer survivor Maria Menounos, a former host of “Entertainment Tonight” presented Kay the award at the Society for Neuro-oncology meeting in San Francisco.